I’m a few days late doing this, but I’ve been busy (isn’t that the usual excuse?). Really though, I have been super busy this past week–I bought a food processor and have been about elbow deep in squash, making food for Owen. Not that I am a baby food activist (you know, along the lines of “It MUST be organic or it does not enter the child’s mouth), I just think it is really cool to make food for the baby. It’s just an added bonus that there aren’t any added preservatives and that I am saving money. That and the past week was also the first week of a new semester and I actually have to attend one of my classes in person. I’m only taking 6 credits (all web/design related stuff) but it should be a full busy semester. So much better than last semester though–even though I can crank out a decent 10 page paper on short notice (thank you History degree), I really don’t like having to write papers often, which is pretty much what both of my classes last semester were. I’d much rather actually ‘do’ stuff, which is what this semester will be.
Now, on to the good stuff.
Karrie tagged me for the 6 strange things about you meme. So without further ado, six weird things about me (though there are many many more)
1. I know, and can still recite 13 years after learning them, all the books of the Old Testament (thank you high school religion class). In fact, I can sing them all to a catchy little tune as well.
2. When I am stressed out, I count things to calm down. I just pick something and count in my head. I guess it’s kind of like the whole counting to 10 thing.
3. I have a totally irrational, yet extremely crippling, fear of (in no particular order) slugs, snails, caterpillars and all other similar creepy crawlies. Slugs are by far the worst though. Yuck, I get edgy just thinking about them.
4. I have really long narrow feet, with really long toes. Which I use to pick things up with and pinch my husband with. He claims I have monkey feet, so dextrous am I with my feet. It really came in handy when I was hugely pregnant and couldn’t face bending over to pick something up. I’d just do it with my feet.
5. I don’t particularly like chocolate or candy. In fact, if you offered me a choice betwen a dish of seaweed salad and a big piece of milk chocolate, I’d choose the seaweed. Tasty stuff, that seaweed–and so good for you too!
6. I have an extra line going from one of my kidneys to my bladder. Usually people have one line going from each kidney to the bladder. Not me though, I just happen to have an extra line coming off of my right kidney. It doesn’t go to the bladder though–it just dead ends. I would never have even known if I wouldn’t have had to have a scan of my kidneys when I was 29.
Well there you have it–just some of the weird things about me.